Save money on field trips, athletic fees and more
It's more than free lunch!
Your Educational Benefits Form (often referred to as the free and reduced lunch application) helps not just your family, but kids across the district in many ways. It can save you money on meals, fields trips, sports and activities and more. And by submitting the form you can also help ensure continued funding to support ALL kids in our schools.
Families MUST fill out a new application for benefits at the beginning of each school year or benefits will expire!
Benefits For Your family
- College Application & Testing Fees: Discount on fees associated with applying for college and for participating in academic testing such as SAT, ACT and Advanced Placement
- School Meals: Free or reduced prices on our delicious and nutritious meals
- Field Trips: Free or reduced costs to attend field trips with your class
- Sports and activities: Reduced fees to participate on school teams or clubs
- Instruments, equipment and other supplies: Free or reduced costs to rent musical instruments or purchase equipment or supplies needed for activities or sports
- Utility help: Some companies will offer reduced fees on utilities, such as electricity and internet
Benefits For All Students
- School Funding: Increased funding for our schools to ensure kids receive the support they need
- Technology Funding: Increased funding to schools to improve internet access, wireless and network services
Who can qualify for educational benefits?
Children in households participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), and foster children can get access to educational benefits without reporting household income. Also, children can get educational benefits if their household income is within the maximum income shown for their household size on the instructions. Approval for benefits is good for the school year.
- Click here to see a list of additional resources available to those who qualify.
In Other News
Having trouble connecting to PowerSchool or need support with other online resources? Connect with Online Family Technology Support.
Your family may qualify for free or reduced prices on sports fees, instrument rental, college application and testing fees and much more.
Sign up to receive important updates via text message.
Did you know that many of the school supplies you purchase for your child this year could reduce the taxes you pay and possibly lead to a larger refund next year?